Monthly Archives: May 2017
The Crafty Nurse here today as we go into Memorial Day 2017 to honor those service men and women who sacrificed their lives for our country and the freedoms we enjoy. Thankfully, my youngest son, Matt, a United States Marine, came home safely so my heart goes out to all those mothers and fathers who provided the ultimate sacrifice.
I used my MISTI tool to do repeated stamping with Tombow Markers in #856, #565, #055. Place stamp in MISTI and stamp each section using Tombow Markers. The background is stamped simply with Versamark Ink in a staggered pattern.
I hope you and your family enjoy this extended weekend and take a few minutes to appreciate the sacrifice made by so many of our countries military persons.
Use Discount Code: TJ10Kathy – for you stamp purchases at Technique Junkies.
Stamps: “Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful”
Technique: Stenciled PE from the Sensation Stencil CD
Please enjoy 10% off at the Technique Junkies store using TJ10Kathy.
The Crafty Nurse back with some inky inspiration to prepare you for your favorite dad.
My card today I used a few of the new May release stamps. Use discount code TJ10Kathy for 10% off any stamps in the store.
Thanks for stopping by today. Please join us over at our Facebook Group.
Happy Monday! It’s time for another Cards in Envy challenge . This week our theme is use your “Favorite Color Combination.”
As a reminder, Cards in Envy asks that your card fit into a standard A2 envelope for ease of mailing, but that doesn’t mean they have to be one layer or clean and simple.
For today’s card, I chose the colors pink, yellow and black. For the focal image, I used a Technique Junkies April Release stamp called “Life is Tough“, which I heat embossed with white, then applied Distress inks in a favorite technique called Distress Stain Dip, which can be found on the “Artistic Effects” CD at Technique Junkies. To add depth, I ran the entire card through the We “R” Memory Keepers Geometric embossing folder and applied additional Distress inks over the top.
Hope we’ll see your “Favorite Color Combo” cards over at the Cards in Envy challenge. You have until May 28th to enter. If you love this stamp, I have a coupon code for a 10% discount at Technique Junkies: TJ10Kathy
The Crafty Nurse here with a card for your mid-week inspiration.
Technique: Variation on: Pouncing Tutorial Feb/March 2008 Subscriber Pages
- Mix any two colors of pigment or mica based powders with Acrylic Glazing Liquid (Satin) – I used Lindy’s Magicals
- Dip your fingers in first color of paint and apply to dark card stock. Repeat second color
- Cut two thin strips of black card stock and ink with silver pigment ink
- Using MISTI, stamp Lollipop Flowers onto black card stock and clear heat emboss
- Stamp “Sister” sentiment from “How Blessed Am I”, with silver pigment and clear emboss
- Edge both focal pieces with silver pigment ink to frame
- Apply Nuvo Ivory Seashell Pearl drops to flower centers
- Finish by dabbing silver pigment over image to give “painterly” look
Thank you for joining me today for some mid-week inspiration. Please share your creations with us at the Technique Junkies Facebook group. We’ve also got the May challenge for you to enter until May 13th. If you enjoyed the inspiration, you can purchase your own stamps using the discount code: TJ10Kathy. Enjoy!
Hey there Junkies!
The Crafty Nurse here with a little inspiration for the Technique Junkies April Challenge. You have until May 13th to enter for a $25.00 prize. You may enter as many time as you wish as long as you use a Technique Junkies stamp.
Today I used a favorite from March 2016 called, “Veiled Woman #SSD658” to create my card. I began with my card base of #140 lb. watercolor paper with Tumbled Glass, Hickory Smoke, and Wilted Violet for my colors. I then sprayed it with Art Anthology “Fairy Dust”, which gives it a super shimmer hard to pick up in the picture.
To color “Veiled Women SSD658” , I used an aqua brush to paint the same three distress colors as I put in the background. I love that she looks a little steely.
I hope you’ll join the challenge this month. If you need some stamps to play, use Discount Code: TJ10Kathy
Bye for now!
I’m here today with inspiration using the May Technique Junkies stamps. Pat is still offering 15% off the May release until the 8th. You may also use TJ10Kathy for a 10% discount on your other purchases.
Steps for focal image:
- Stamp “Own Kind of Beautiful” with Versamark ink on heavy weight vellum by Bazzill
- Heat emboss using Rangers Liquid Platinum powder
- Cut out with large My Favorite Things flag die
- Attach with brads
Steps for background:
- On dark card stock stamp “Lollipop Flowers” in Versamark Ink
- Dust perfect pearl powders in several colors over the top of Versamark ink and brush off gently using soft brush
- Stamp “Lollipop Flowers” around the edge of matting card stock for more interest.
See you then!
Pat is offering 15% off all May Release Stamps for one week! I’ve also got a discount code: TJ10Kathy, that can be used for anything else in the store when you are shopping. WooHoo!
The Technique Junkies team is growing and we are thrilled to have added several new team members to the group. Please stop by all the design team’s blogs for great samples of the other new May Release stamps.
My first card uses two of the new May release stamps:
- Stamp “Pocket Watches” with Hero Arts Soft Brown Shadow Ink. Let dry and dust with anti-static bag
- Surgically alter (i.e. cut apart) “Hat’s off To Dad” so that you have isolated just the hats. Don’t be afraid, you can always place back together if needed.
- Stamp “Hat’s Off To Dad” in a row using Versamark Ink and clear heat emboss
- Apply darker ink over entire card base – I used Frayed Burlap. This allows for the stamp below to shine beautifully through.
- Using Misti position “Hat’s Off To Dad” sentiment onto card stock. I used distress markers to isolate the different parts of the stamp. Using the Misti allows for repeat coverage needed when using distress markers. Once well inked, now apply Versamark ink and clear heat emboss. That allows you to ink over entire image and not ruin the sentiment
My second card features the same two stamps in a similar idea using translucent paste and stencils.
Technique: Pasted Resist from the Sensational Stencils CD
- Stamp “Pocket Watches” with Hero Arts Soft Sand Shadow Ink.
- Over the top, apply translucent modeling paste through “Stonework Stencil” from a Colorful Life and let dry
- Spray entire card with Bronze Distress Mica Spray and gently wipe off to reveal sparkle
- Fussy Cut “Hat’s Off To Dad” and apply with foam tape
- Stamp sentiment “Happy Father’s Day” on card stock you have lightly sprayed or inked through stencil to add texture – distress edges and mat card.
My third card switches gears for a more feminine card using Perfect Pearls, which is hard to see in this photo but is so wonderfully shimmery.
Technique: Faux Canvas from Emboss or Die CD (which is on a deep sale).
My final card is plays with a little hand doodling and some straight forward stamping.
- Cut 4 x 5.25 inch card panel out of Club Scrap textured card stock then die cut using My Favorite Things Frame Die.
- Use stamp positioner and stamp “Own Kind of Beautiful” in the center
- Hand Doodle around edges
- Die Cut WPlus9 flowers from Love Mom collection and add sparkles on top
- Splatter ink, I used Liquitex Ink in Carbon Black.
- Color in heart with Wink of Stella silver
Now, that I’ve shown you what I have to offer, I don’t want you to miss any of the other design teams creativity so I encourage you to start hopping at the Technique Junkies Design Team Blog.
If you are arriving from Cheri Weston’s, you in the right place! Great cards Cheri!
The next stop is at Jeanne Streiff
Here is a list of the Design Team lineup:
Kathy Stacy – Me!
Welcome to our From the Heart Stamps May blog hop. This month our theme is “CASE it”!
As you hop along, please leave a comment on each blog. One random commenter will be selected on each blog to win an image of choice from the FTHS store.
My card today “CASEs” Kelly Schelske’s card from February 2017. One of Kelly’s talents is the use of pattern papers. Here is her card:
I wanted to go out of my comfort zone and break out some patter paper, which is Echo Park’s “We Are Family”. I colored up “Gratitude” from the Faithful Friends collection with my favorite medium, Copic Markers. The green is: G99, G94 and YG03, the blue B39, B34, B32, and the red in R46 & R27. I hope I did Kelly proud!
Now head over to Kelly Schelske’s and see what she has created.
Thanks for hopping with us today. The hop will end on Sunday, May 7th at 6 am EST. Winners will be posted on the From the Heart Stamps Blog on Wednesday May 9th.