Technique Junkies May Release Blog Hop!
Pat is offering 15% off all May Release Stamps for one week! I’ve also got a discount code: TJ10Kathy, that can be used for anything else in the store when you are shopping. WooHoo!
The Technique Junkies team is growing and we are thrilled to have added several new team members to the group. Please stop by all the design team’s blogs for great samples of the other new May Release stamps.
My first card uses two of the new May release stamps:
- Stamp “Pocket Watches” with Hero Arts Soft Brown Shadow Ink. Let dry and dust with anti-static bag
- Surgically alter (i.e. cut apart) “Hat’s off To Dad” so that you have isolated just the hats. Don’t be afraid, you can always place back together if needed.
- Stamp “Hat’s Off To Dad” in a row using Versamark Ink and clear heat emboss
- Apply darker ink over entire card base – I used Frayed Burlap. This allows for the stamp below to shine beautifully through.
- Using Misti position “Hat’s Off To Dad” sentiment onto card stock. I used distress markers to isolate the different parts of the stamp. Using the Misti allows for repeat coverage needed when using distress markers. Once well inked, now apply Versamark ink and clear heat emboss. That allows you to ink over entire image and not ruin the sentiment
My second card features the same two stamps in a similar idea using translucent paste and stencils.
Technique: Pasted Resist from the Sensational Stencils CD
- Stamp “Pocket Watches” with Hero Arts Soft Sand Shadow Ink.
- Over the top, apply translucent modeling paste through “Stonework Stencil” from a Colorful Life and let dry
- Spray entire card with Bronze Distress Mica Spray and gently wipe off to reveal sparkle
- Fussy Cut “Hat’s Off To Dad” and apply with foam tape
- Stamp sentiment “Happy Father’s Day” on card stock you have lightly sprayed or inked through stencil to add texture – distress edges and mat card.
My third card switches gears for a more feminine card using Perfect Pearls, which is hard to see in this photo but is so wonderfully shimmery.
Technique: Faux Canvas from Emboss or Die CD (which is on a deep sale).
My final card is plays with a little hand doodling and some straight forward stamping.
- Cut 4 x 5.25 inch card panel out of Club Scrap textured card stock then die cut using My Favorite Things Frame Die.
- Use stamp positioner and stamp “Own Kind of Beautiful” in the center
- Hand Doodle around edges
- Die Cut WPlus9 flowers from Love Mom collection and add sparkles on top
- Splatter ink, I used Liquitex Ink in Carbon Black.
- Color in heart with Wink of Stella silver
Now, that I’ve shown you what I have to offer, I don’t want you to miss any of the other design teams creativity so I encourage you to start hopping at the Technique Junkies Design Team Blog.
If you are arriving from Cheri Weston’s, you in the right place! Great cards Cheri!
The next stop is at Jeanne Streiff
Here is a list of the Design Team lineup:
Kathy Stacy – Me!
Posted on May 1, 2017, in Technique Junkies and tagged Club Scrap Paper, Distress Inks, Distress Mica Spray, Emboss or Die CD, Embossing Powder, Hero Arts Shadow Inks, Liquitex Ink, Perfect Pearls, Sensational Stencils CD, Stencils, Technique Junkies Stamp, Translucent Embossing Paste, Versafine Onyx Black, Wink of Stella - Silver, Wplus9 Die. Bookmark the permalink. 11 Comments.