Pat is offering 15% off all May Release Stamps for one week! I’ve also got a discount code: TJ10Kathy, that can be used for anything else in the store when you are shopping. WooHoo!
The Technique Junkies team is growing and we are thrilled to have added several new team members to the group. Please stop by all the design team’s blogs for great samples of the other new May Release stamps.
My first card uses two of the new May release stamps:
- Stamp “Pocket Watches” with Hero Arts Soft Brown Shadow Ink. Let dry and dust with anti-static bag
- Surgically alter (i.e. cut apart) “Hat’s off To Dad” so that you have isolated just the hats. Don’t be afraid, you can always place back together if needed.
- Stamp “Hat’s Off To Dad” in a row using Versamark Ink and clear heat emboss
- Apply darker ink over entire card base – I used Frayed Burlap. This allows for the stamp below to shine beautifully through.
- Using Misti position “Hat’s Off To Dad” sentiment onto card stock. I used distress markers to isolate the different parts of the stamp. Using the Misti allows for repeat coverage needed when using distress markers. Once well inked, now apply Versamark ink and clear heat emboss. That allows you to ink over entire image and not ruin the sentiment
My second card features the same two stamps in a similar idea using translucent paste and stencils.
Technique: Pasted Resist from the Sensational Stencils CD
- Stamp “Pocket Watches” with Hero Arts Soft Sand Shadow Ink.
- Over the top, apply translucent modeling paste through “Stonework Stencil” from a Colorful Life and let dry
- Spray entire card with Bronze Distress Mica Spray and gently wipe off to reveal sparkle
- Fussy Cut “Hat’s Off To Dad” and apply with foam tape
- Stamp sentiment “Happy Father’s Day” on card stock you have lightly sprayed or inked through stencil to add texture – distress edges and mat card.
My third card switches gears for a more feminine card using Perfect Pearls, which is hard to see in this photo but is so wonderfully shimmery.
Technique: Faux Canvas from Emboss or Die CD (which is on a deep sale).
My final card is plays with a little hand doodling and some straight forward stamping.
- Cut 4 x 5.25 inch card panel out of Club Scrap textured card stock then die cut using My Favorite Things Frame Die.
- Use stamp positioner and stamp “Own Kind of Beautiful” in the center
- Hand Doodle around edges
- Die Cut WPlus9 flowers from Love Mom collection and add sparkles on top
- Splatter ink, I used Liquitex Ink in Carbon Black.
- Color in heart with Wink of Stella silver
Now, that I’ve shown you what I have to offer, I don’t want you to miss any of the other design teams creativity so I encourage you to start hopping at the Technique Junkies Design Team Blog.
If you are arriving from Cheri Weston’s, you in the right place! Great cards Cheri!
The next stop is at Jeanne Streiff
Here is a list of the Design Team lineup:
Kathy Stacy – Me!
It’s the first Wednesday of the Month and time for The House That Stamps Built color challenge! You have until Tuesday, May 12th to enter for a chance to win a $25.00 gift certificate at Repeat Impressions. Also, if you use a Repeat Impressions stamps, you will receive an additional entry for a better chance to win.
Here are this weeks colors:
For my card this week, I chose the Repeat Impressions stamp, “Golden Retriever 8121-P .” I heat embossed the image with clear powder, fussy cut it, and applied distress ink in Gathered Twigs, Walnut Stain, and Vintage Photo. The puppies eyes needed to be highlighted so I added some eyes I picked up at a craft fair years ago.
Happy Monday! It’s time for another Cards in Envy challenge . This week our theme is “When Nature Calls.” This can be anything you find in nature.
As a reminder, Cards in Envy asks that your card fit into a standard A2 envelope for ease of mailing, but that doesn’t mean they have to be one layer or clean and simple.
For today’s card I wanted to create an outdoor scene using my Kuretake Gamsi Watercolors. I was inspired by a Jill Foster for Penny Black video tutorial. The birds are Penny Black “Nature ‘s Friend,” and the sentiment is Club Scrap.
Hope you like it and enter a card with us at Cards in Envy!
Happy Tuesday Friends. Today I’m bringing another fun April release stamp from Technique Junkies called, Kitty Profile #S625. I heat embossed the background with white powder then sprayed it with Dylusions ink in, melted chocolate, squeezed orange, and polished jade.
The sentiment is “Forever and a day SD599,” which I used only a portion of. To do this I took some tape and covered the portion of the stamp I didn’t want, then inked it and removed the tape before stamping. This ensures you don’t get any ink on the portion of the stamp you don’t want. I’ve also been known to commit stamp surgery but cutting apart stamps makes most people nervous. LOL.
Come on over to the Junkies Design Team Blog and sign up for some great inspiration.
It’s the third Wednesday of the Month and time for The House That Stamps Built photo inspiration challenge. With February being the month of love, we’ve continued that theme. You have until Tuesday, February 24th to enter for a chance to win a $25.00 gift certificate at Repeat Impressions.
Here’s the inspiration chosen by our Rock Stars:
For my card I’ve used the Repeat Impressions sentiment called, “Be Mine 1201-I“. You’ll notice I inked it up separately which changes the look of the stamp. Don’t be afraid to use your stamps however you like. I’ve also used a heart die from Impression Obsession and papers from Club Scrap’s Fizz Collection. I finished the card off with some black splatters of India Ink.
This weeks Make it Monday was a technique using the “insides” of your cover plate dies. Laurie Wilson does a video that shows you how to get these lined up perfectly using…..of all things…..Glad Press n seal wrap. It WORKS!!! The first card is the is simply Neenah Solar White over some Club Scrap card stock. The Wood focal point is painted with Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magical Mica in Black Orchid. The second card uses Dylusions sprays over the Simon Says Stamp “Love My Alpha” Stencil. I hand drew the lines in the starburst using my copic 0.3 marker and the focal point A+ is also using Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magical’s in Bells of Ireland and backed with black paper.
Make it Monday Challenge: Use a Cover Plate
Well, I’m back at it again today making cards for Operation Write Home. This challenge asks for cards with texture for those who can’t see the cards they were sent. The painting is stamped on Sticky Back Canvas and painted with Claudine Hellmuth paints. Stamps are from Hampton Arts. The great thing about these paints is they are soft, creamy, and vibrant. Make sure you use archival ink if you are going to use paints on sticky back so you don’t get smearing. With these paints you can also mix multiple colors from just a few with the provided chart by Claudine. Behind the painting is a piece of Club Scrap paper embossed with Cuttlebug water texture. The 3rd layer of texture is the background, which is actually a cutting plate, however, if you use an embossing matt instead of the regular sandwich, you get texture instead of a die cut. You can do that with any die you have and make some great textures.I colored the background initially with Pan Pastel’s then edged it with some distress inks in Tumbled Glass and Salty Ocean. Card stock is Simon Says Stamp Audrey Blue – I love this color. The sentiment is also SSS.