Fly Free – Technique Junkies Art Journal Page
The Crafty Nurse here today with an Art Journal page I made using some of the great April Release stamps from Technique Junkies. The inspiration for this page was from Susanne Rose, mixed media artist.
- Gesso Page
- Create a background using Inktense blocks or pencils
- Mellow out color with white gesso over whole page
- Choose stamps as background base. I used Star Power #S147, Here We Go Round In Circles #SS030 and Age Spots Spots #SD087
- Add depth with texture paste through stencil. I used: Bubble Stencil and Square Fade.
- Color with thinned acrylic paint. I used: Liquitex Fluorescent Pink, Blue & Green.
- Apply Black paint over texture, remove with baby wipe.
- Add additional stencil markings using paint
- Stamp desired image on Tim Holtz tissue tape. I used: Row of Birds #SD788
- Collage image onto page using Matte Medium
- Color image/birds. I started with a base of Pitt Pens, which are an India Ink and permanent when dry. I then used the perfectly transparent Art Anthology Sorbet’s in Baby Blue Eyes, Vegas Gold, and Sunshine. Sorbet’s add such glorious shimmer. Outline image in black pitt pen and smudge to incorporate into the page.
- Stamp Sentiment “Art of God #SD799”. I added some “oomph” by going over sentiment in Sakura Black Glaze.
- Add additional stamping with paint using background stamps, corrugated paper, credit cards, and other mark making tools.
- Finish the page with black and white spatters. I use Liquitex ink.
Thank you so much for joining me today here at The Crafty Nurse’s Blog. We hope you’ll join us on our new Facebook Page so we can share out love of techniques and stamps. To get you on your way, shop the Technique Junkies store using
Discount code: TJ10Kathy.
Posted on April 6, 2017, in Technique Junkies and tagged Acrylic Paint, Art Anthology Sorbet, Art Anthology Stencil, Art Foamies, Art Journaling, Faber Castell Pitt Big Brush Pen, Liquitex Ink, Sakura Glaze Pens, Technique Junkies Stamp. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.