Technique Junkies – Blowing in the Breeze
The Crafty Nurse here today thinking about my summer vacation on the beach! A girl can dream, right?
I used the Misti stamping tool to create my card today. The great thing about this tool is when you have a solid stamp, you can still get a really crisp image. It also helps when you are doing more complex masking like I did here with the Technique Junkies stamp “Palm Tree’s Set Of 3 SS069.”
The technique is not complicated. I’ve taken Palm Tree’s Set of 3 #SS069 and used the Misti tool to create a multilayered effect with Distress Markers. The Misti allows you to keep your stamp in the same place and repeatedly use different colors. I saw this technique by the wonderful Jill Foster and thought it would be perfect for this TJ Stamp.
1) Place stamp in Misti to desired position
2) Color trunk of tree beginning with Frayed Burlap Distress Marker stamping in between each new color addition. Move on to darker colors in Gathered Twigs and Espresso to create shadow and depth.
3) Now apply Distress Marker to trees in the same fashion. I used Shabby Shutters and Peeled Paint.
4) Once all the coloring is done, apply versamark and heat set. This creates a protective layer and allows you to work on the background without dulling your focal image colors.
5) Reverse Mask Moon by using die cut circle through masking paper. Apply Distress Ink in Mustard Seed and Fossilized Amber
6) Complete card with the sentiment “Winds of Change”
I hope you’ve found a little inspiration today. If you’d like to try this technique, you can pick up this stamp at Technique Junkies using the 10% discount TJ10Kathy. If you have any questions, leave a comment and I’ll be happy to assist. Or you can join us in the Facebook group to enjoy some stamping conversation and card inspiration.
Pat is still offering her new release stamps at 15% off as well so happy shopping.