Watercoloring of a Digital Image
I wanted to try watercoloring on a digital image so I grabbed this freebie from A Day For Daisies and brought it into Photoshop. I created this cluster of 3 from the one image and printed the image out on regular typing paper. I then took a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch piece of 108 lb watercolor paper (lighter so it goes through the printer better) and taped it right over the image using washi tape and centering it over the image. I put that back in the printer and re-printed the image. My error was I used my Ink Jet printer instead of a laser jet. As you can tell, the ink bled. I don’t think it’s horrible, so I didn’t re-do it, but next time I will certainly use the laser. The image was colored using Distress Inks in Worn Lipstick and Scattered Straw. The background is Tumbled Glass and Bundled Sage. I then took black soot, added water, and splattered over image. The sentiment is Hero Arts “All Occasion Messages”.
Posted on September 6, 2014, in A Day For Daisies, Case Study, Crafting By Design, Virginia's View Challenge and tagged A Day for Daisies, Basic Grey, Distress Markers, Hero Arts Stamps, Watercolor Paper. Bookmark the permalink. 8 Comments.